Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I AM, HE CRIED BEFORE HE DIED

I am a child of God and son of man;
I wonder at God’s will and greater plan;
I hear “Amazing Grace” in angels’ choir;
I see the depths of Hell and Satan’s fire;
I want salvation; that’s my sweet desire;
I am a child of God and son of man.

I pretend that Jesus comes each day;
I feel He’s here with me in every way:
I touch the Lamb’s red blood that spilled for me;
I worry I’m got good enough, you see;
I cry at how He died for my dark sin;
I am a child of God and son of man.

I understand that God forgives.  Can I?
I say my daily prayers to God on High;
I dream of afterlife’s eternal span;
I try to live life pleasing to His eye;
I hope; therefore, I am, I loudly cry;
I am a child of God and son of man.

                         --Monty Wheeler


No comments:

Post a Comment